Friday, June 10, 2016

DOE SAFE Training

I am taking a DOE safe training for the possibility that I will work overseas more than 30 days. One of the safety training is about overseas driving, and the transcript states,

"If the drivers in the country you are visiting drive on the opposite side of the road than we do in the US, it may be prudent to practice driving in a less populated area before attempting to drive in heavy traffic. Left turns into oncoming traffic are bad, trust me, I got that t-shirt in Japan. Here’s another tip for countries where cars are built wrong, I mean, with the steering wheel on the right side of the car; when, not if, when you accidentally get in the passenger seat because you forgot the car was built backwards, immediately open the glove box and pretend to look for something very important. The locals may not notice, but your friends will for sure."

LOL!



June 13 at 10:09pm

Continuing my DOE SAFE training, I was whining, "I've passed the counterintelligence (spy) and the hostage survival modules. Still three modules left...."

"Are those nuclear meltdown, alien invasion, and doomsday modules?" Gianluca replied.

LOL

No comments :